FREE School Visits
1. It's FREE! I never charge schools, teachers, or classrooms.
- If I have to travel farther than 1.5 hours from my hometown in Saratoga Springs, UT, the visit is still free but travel costs need to be covered. Check with me if you're in a school outside that 1.5 hour zone or even out of state. I often travel to different parts of the country, and potential arrangements can be made to stop by your school while I'm traveling so there is no added travel cost.
2. Flexible duration
- 30, 45, or 60 minute engaging presentations available
3. Interactive Visit
- I cater school visits to the age of the students, incorporating jokes, magic tricks and interactive stories.
- We talk about writing, the importance of reading, about failure and not giving up. We also generate the beginnings of a story by using the 4 P's of story creation by thinking inside the box. (Yes, I said inside the box!)
- I share funny stories from my youth that students help act out. We talk about how creativity sometimes has unexpected consequences. Let's just say oranges, my brother, a homemade slingshot weaved from rubber bands from my paper route, and a police car were involved.
4. Free artwork for all students
WHAT EDUCATORS ARE SAYING
- Mrs. Kunzler, 4th grade, Sage Hills Elementary - "Johan Twiss was a great classroom speaker. My students were so excited that he was an author and he inspired them to write too! He told them his process of writing and even helped them brainstorm their own ideas. He also made the presentation fun and related well to the students. I already plan to have him back next year!"
- Mrs. Card, 4th grade, Sage Hills Elementary - "My class absolutely enjoyed every minute of the author visit with Johan Twiss!"
- Mrs. Jolley, 3-5th grade Assembly, Brockbank Elementary - "We had the pleasure of having Johan Twiss visit our school for an author assembly. We were impressed by his ability to keep the students' attention through his stories and magic tricks. Our students loved his uplifting message. We look forward to having him return next year."
- Mrs. Stewart, 6th grade, Orem Elementary - "It is wonderful how Johan engages the class to see how a story can be woven and gets their minds thinking like an author."
Now that's a face!