FREE School Visits
1. It's FREE! I never charge schools, teachers, or classrooms.
- If I have to travel farther than 1.5 hours from my hometown in Saratoga Springs, UT, the visit is still free but travel costs need to be covered. Check with me if you're in a school outside that 1.5 hour zone or even out of state. I often travel to different parts of the country and potential arrangements can be made to stop by your school while I'm traveling so there is no added travel cost.
2. Flexible duration
- 30, 45, or 60 minute engaging presentations available
3. Interactive Visit
- I cater school visits to the age of the students, incorporating jokes, magic tricks, music (I play trombone and other instruments) and interactive stories.
- We talk about writing, the importance of reading, about failure and not giving up. We also create a story together as a group using a story box.
- I share funny stories from my youth that students help act out. We talk about how creativity sometimes has unexpected consequences. This is a student favorite.
4. Free artwork for all students
WHAT EDUCATORS ARE SAYING
Mrs. Milne , Harbor Point Media Specialist, 6th Grade Assembly - "We had a wonderful experience with Johan Twiss at our school. He was very entertaining and the students were engaged the entire time. It was fun hearing his stories and the students loved it!"
- Celeste Knight, PTA Literacy Night Coordinator, Summit Academy Independence - "Our school community thoroughly enjoyed having Johan Twiss present for our Literacy Night. He captivated his audience and had a wonderful presentation for our families."
- Mrs. Card, 4th grade, Sage Hills Elementary - "My class absolutely enjoyed every minute of the author visit with Johan Twiss!"
- Mrs. Jolley, 3-5th grade Assembly, Brockbank Elementary - "We had the pleasure of having Johan Twiss visit our school for an author assembly. We were impressed by his ability to keep the students' attention through his stories and magic tricks. Our students loved his uplifting message. We look forward to having him return next year."
Mrs. Stewart, 6th grade, Orem Elementary - "It is wonderful how Johan engages the class to see how a story can be woven and gets their minds thinking like an author."
- Mrs. Kunzler, 4th grade, Sage Hills Elementary - "Johan Twiss was a great classroom speaker. My students were so excited that he was an author and he inspired them to write too! He told them his process of writing and even helped them brainstorm their own ideas. He also made the presentation fun and related well to the students. I already plan to have him back next year!"
Now that's a face!
Creating stories as a group and doing some magic tricks.